“Bei die Wikingers” invites geocachers from near and far to Schleswig on the 8th of July 2023 to get to know and experience the exciting history of the Vikings from the 8th century onwards. Nearby to Schleswig is Haithabu located, an early, medieval Viking settlement and important trading center and main hub for long-distance trade with Scandinavia, Western Europe, the North Sea Region and the Baltic States. We cover the spectrum from the Broe helmet to the horned helmet.
We’re proud to have the huge and poular location called “Königswiesen” for this event. It is located directly at the Schlei-Fjord with a view to Haithabu. The following activites are planned for you (so far):
- Opportunities to meet with other cachers
- Food and beverages much of it regional and all at fair prices
- Playground, bouncy castles and more for our little guests
- Geocaching dealer mile
- Viking village
- Stage program
For access to the “Königswiesen” we will have to raise a small fee to cover the costs
Additionally, we are planning the following the area around the “Königswiesen”:
- Special offers in the museums: Haithabu, Landesmuseum, Stadtmuseum Schleswig, Danewerk Museum
- Boat tours on the Schlei
- Labcaches in the Schleswig area
The planning is still at an early stage, but we will keep you posted under #beidiewikingers on our channels.